Did you know that more than 1 lakh Indians immigrate to Canada each year? Yes, that is true. And this number only keeps increasing every year. This is also true for many other countries around the world like China, Philippines, Nigeria, Pakistan, etc. Canada is a country of immigrants and their immigration policies are fair and simple, and they provide equal opportunities to all. The Canadian Government gives importance to skilled labour and community-loving individuals.
Why do you think so many people are thinking of moving to Canada from all over the world?
Here are a few reasons why family immigration to canada is a good idea:
- Safety and Peace of Mind
The first and most important reason why people from all over the world are considering moving to Canada is the aspect of safety. Canada is considered to be one of the safest countries in the world. According to the ‘World’s Safest Countries of 2022’ report created by World Population Review, Canada has ranked 6th in terms of safety. Crime rates in different provinces across Canada are low and so are incidents of racism. Canada is also a safe country for the LGBTQ community as same-sex relationships and marriage are both legal in Canada.
- Welcoming Community
Since the number of immigrants in Canada is fairly high, you might find a lot of people from your community in the neighbourhood where you choose to live and you will be welcomed by them. Not only immigrants, but Canadian citizens are also very friendly and welcoming towards people of all races, communities, and age groups. Canada is proud to be a multicultural society and welcomes people of all cultures and backgrounds to make a life for themselves here.
- Education and Healthcare
Many of the one lakh plus people who immigrate to Canada each year move here for educational purposes. People pursue all sorts of courses from Canada, right from one year certification courses to diplomas and from graduate programs to masters and postgraduate programs. The level of education in Canada is at par with its neighbouring country, the United States of America. Canada is however the preferred choice over America since the cost of living is fairly less as compared to the USA. This is why a lot of people who have families consider immigration to Canada to make a better life for themselves and their loved ones.
Another important aspect that a lot of immigrants consider is healthcare. Once you move to Canada and get your PR, you can apply for public health insurance and after that, most of your healthcare expenses will be taken care of by the government. A lot of healthcare services are free of charge in Canada since these are paid through the taxes that Canadian residents, including you, pay.
- Financial Opportunities
The employment opportunities in Canada are endless. According to a recent survey conducted by World Population Review in 2021, the unemployment rate in Canada stands at 6.5%. This is why the economy of Canada is in great shape and hence, the standard of living is high. The Canadian economy mainly depends on three things — the service industry, their natural resources and the manufacturing companies in Canada.
- Quality of Life
Because of all of the reasons mentioned above, the quality of life in Canada is really good. There is a balance between work life and personal life. People make enough money to take care of their day-to-day expenses and also save some money for a good future or a nice vacation every once in a while.
The cherry on the top are the many breathtaking beautiful vacation destinations in Canada. The best and most-visited place in Canada is definitely Niagara Falls. There are many other famous tourist spots like Bannf, Victoria and Vancouver Island, Jasper National Park, Prince Edward Island, Whistler, Gros Morne National Park, Mont-Tremblant, Okanagan Valley, and more. You can easily explore these beautiful places with your friends and family when you live in Canada.
Are you now convinced that you should immigrate to Canada? Then, you must continue reading this article.
We will now cover everything you need to know about immigration to Canada from India. Whether you are interested in business immigration to canada, or you want to find out more about canada immigration plan 2021 to 2023 or the immigration to canada from india points calculator, we have got it all covered.
First things first, let us talk about the ways you can apply for immigration to canada.
There are five popular ways in which people can move to Canada:
- Express Entry
This is the most popular way of entry into Canada. It is also the fastest way of moving to Canada. Also called FSW, which stands for Federal Skilled Worker, this program allows skilled foreign workers to immigrate to Canada and settle here with a permanent residency (PR). This is a 5 years multiple entry visa with the help of which you can live in Canada and look for a job. You need to have at least one year of work experience to apply for a visa in this category. When you apply for this visa, you are given a points based score that helps determine your eligibility to work and live in different provinces in Canada. You can easily calculate your immigration to Canada points using the calculator on the Canadian immigration website. In the year 2021, more than half of the Express Entry visas were awarded to Indian citizens.
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Canada has thirteen provinces and all of these provinces have their own immigration programs. These programs are called Provincial Nominee Programs or PNPs. The program of each province is unique and is designed to be suited to the requirements of that province. If you are lacking points in the Federal Skilled Worker category, you can always apply to immigrate to Canada under the PNP of one of the provinces. When applying to a particular province, make sure to read up about it before making the decision of living there since each of the provinces in Canada is very different from the others and has its own set of requirements that you will need to fulfil.
- Family Sponsorship
Canada allows its citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their loved ones and invite them to Canada to live with them. As a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse or live-in partner of more than a year, your parents, your grandparents, your children or other dependents.
- Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW)
This is very similar to the Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker immigration program, however, the Quebec Skilled Worker program is only for permanent residency in the province of Quebec. In this program as well, the applicants are given a score based on a few criteria like age, work experience, education etc.
- Education in Canada
The Canadian education system is one of the highest ranked education systems in the world. People come to Canada from all over the world to study in different fields. The education and living expenses in Canada are more affordable as compared to many other countries across the globe, including Canada’s neighbour, the United States of America. Also, after completing their education, people can also pursue many job opportunities in Canada and can make Canada their forever home.
Now that you know how to migrate to Canada from India and the whys of Indian immigration to Canada, let us bust some myths about Canadian immigration.
- Canadians consider immigrants a burden on their economy: This myth is absolutely untrue. Most immigrants who move to Canada come through the skilled express visa categories. These people are well educated and highly skilled and they are a great addition to the Canadian workforce.
- Immigrants have increased the crime rate of Canada: Another myth about Canadian immigrants busted. As per World Population Review, Canada is the 6th safest country to live in as of 2022. The crime rates across the various provinces of Canada are fairly low and so are the incidents of racism. Same-sex relationships and marriage are both legal in Canada and hence it is also considered to be a safe country for people belonging to the LGBTQ community.
- The educational qualifications and work experience gained outside of Canada are not considered valid in Canada: This is not true. Any work experience when proved with relevant documentation is considered authentic in Canada. As far as education goes, it is definitely considered valid in Canadian immigration, all you need to do is get it evaluated by an accredited and authenticated institution in Canada.
- You can be sponsored for Canadian PR by a distant relative: This is unfortunately untrue. The Canada Family Sponsorship program only allows a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada to sponsor their spouse or live-in partner of more than a year, their parents, their grandparents, their children or other dependents.
- The process of Canadian immigration is very difficult: The process of Canadian immigration is fairly straightforward. You can find all the information that you would need on the Canadian immigration website easily. You can check your eligibility easily and can check out the steps that you need to follow in order to complete your application. The next steps are also communicated to you via the immigration website.
- Immigration to Canada without ielts is possible: When you immigrate to Canada, you will be living and working in the country and interacting with the other people living in the country. Both English and French are the preferred languages of Canada, however, English is spoken in most provinces in Canada and so, to move to Canada, you need to prove that you have a basic proficiency in the language English. For this, you will have to appear for the IELTS examination.
Now that we have busted all the most common myths about immigration to Canada, I am sure you are better equipped to complete your Canadian immigration process. Living in Canada is an ideal option for you if you are a single man or woman with work experience of at least more than a year or if you are a couple who is planning to move to another country with their children and parents. Canada is a great country with amazing work opportunities and a high standard of living. People living in Canada experience great work life and personal life balance and there are many places that you can visit for a refreshing family vacation.
After reading this article, I hope you have all the latest information that you need to know about immigration to Canada from India. Moving can be a stressful and uncertain situation, but if you plan everything in advance and complete one step at a time, this situation can become manageable. Just think of why you are taking this step of moving to another country and focus on the happiness that you and your family will feel when you achieve that rather than the stress of the entire process. You can now start your Canadian immigration application and take the first step towards building the life of your dreams!