The United Arab Emirates is known for housing the largest human-made structure; the Burj Khalifa is one of the most sought-after places for people to visit. In recent decades, many foreign immigrants have moved to the UAE because it offers them a higher lifestyle and a higher standard of living.
Given the country’s growth rate, it offers many opportunities for people from around the world, especially India, to establish themselves in their careers. The UAE is one of the most progressive countries in the middle east because it has a high standard of living and is very modernized.
There is a series of processes that follows your decision to immigrate. But here we are to help you with that. However, let’s go through the primary reasons you should consider moving to the UAE below.
Why is the UAE best for Indian Immigrants?
For Indians, immigration from India to Dubai is a breath of fresh air and offers a flash of lavishness. The UAE offers a great lifestyle. You will enjoy the weather and be able to go out to malls or restaurants if you are living here. There is a lot of diversity in the country, which makes it easy for people from different backgrounds to fit in.
- The public healthcare system is excellent and very well established. This means that doctors can come work here since they will get their paychecks on time and have access to good medical facilities.
- Some of the most lavish sights are spotted here, for example, the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall.
- The UAE is one of the most progressive countries in the middle east. It offers a great lifestyle and has excellent services.
- If you are someone who is known to be a fan of sports cars, the UAE is your place. This place offers car spotters and photographers a plethora of sports cars ranging from Ferrari to Lamborghini.
- The United Arab Emirates has been known for its architecturally marvelous skyscrapers. These are a combination of commercial complexes and workplaces.
Why should you settle in the UAE?
- Cuisines of the United Arab Emirates
If you are a meat lover and absolutely relish the richness of middle eastern food, this is just the right place for you. Immigration to the United Arab Emirates will bestow upon you a wide range of delicacies that bless your appetite every time. If you are someone who is conservative or choosy with your choices of food dishes, you are up for a pleasant surprise too. The United Arab Emirates is also very inclusive of multicultural people. To make them feel accommodated, the UAE also offers unlimited options for local cuisines and cuisines native to certain countries.
The staples of the United Arab Emirates are Meat, fish, and rice. Lamb and mutton are the most favored meats. Dates are highly consumed with meals. The most common beverages are tea and coffee, which can be supplemented with saffron, cardamom, or mint to give it a delectable flavor.
The climate of The United Aram Emirates is an Arid Desert type climate. There are primarily only 2 seasons owing to the deserts there. Winter and Summer, the winters are between December and March, while the country experiences warm to hot temperatures for the rest of the year. Given that Indians are used to cold and hot seasons, the climate of the UAE is not tough to adapt to.
Nevertheless, if the climate gets to you, you can always boost your mood with the cuisines and beverages that relieve you from within.
The United Arab Emirates is culturally very rich. They have traditional Arab and Islamic values. This also is a byproduct of how the terrain and the environment are. You will also experience a tinge of influence from eastern Africa and southern Asia. As mentioned earlier, the UAE is very accommodating of people from different cultures. This means that religions like Hinduism, Christianity, and Buddhism are also tolerated there. This makes it perfect for Indians, owing to the fact that the UAE is accommodative and welcoming of other religions.
As mentioned earlier, the United Arab Emirates offers a rich lifestyle. The currency of the UAE and the pay type of the UAE make it very lucrative for not just businessmen and businesswomen but also for service-class members who immigrate to the UAE to make a living. Other than being a hub for highly successful businesses, the United Arab Emirates also covers good career prospects, salary and job security, and recreational options. The health and well-being of residents are highly prioritized. The laws and regulations of the country prioritize the safety and security of immigrants, making it a very amicable country to live in. Immigration to the United Arab Emirates is not only lucrative in terms of financial success but also in terms of overall quality of life because it exposes you to a blend of cultures and opens a way for you to look into a range of career options.
- Prosperity of Immigrants
As per the published stats, “An outstanding 92% of the immigrants in the UAE are working in comparison with the global average of just 78%. Income was one of the crucial factors for many ex-pats to immigrate to the UAE.”
Owing to the above statement, it is conclusive that parents feel their children are able to get a better quality of life, given the exposure. In addition, working-class immigrants are also experiencing better work-life balance because they have equal recreational and career options.
General Requirements to UAE Immigration
In comparison to several years ago, the immigration options for citizens from India who are interested in moving to the UAE have gone up considerably. The Dubai government has tried, by all means, and even succeeded in providing lucrative conditions for those deciding to immigrate to the UAE by enabling new laws and regulations with regard to employment conditions and working opportunities. The following options must be kept in mind for Dubai immigration requirements.
- Apply for a visa that allows a foreign citizen to live in Dubai (student visas and family reunification visas).
- Obtain an employment visa which means securing a job opportunity from a company headquartered in the UAE.
- In some cases, there might be a need for a sponsor for the person who is immigrating to the UAE.
What are the requirements to UAE Immigration?
As per the UAE immigration website the following points should be kept in mind.
- A valid passport
- Passport size recent photographs
- Proof of financial means to support oneself
- Proof of accommodation
- Job offering letter (in the case of employment visas)
- The property title of the purchased property (required under the residence by investment program)
- Information about the sponsor (where required)
Sponsorship requirements when immigrating to UAE
- As mentioned above, there are some situations where a sponsor might be required for those immigrating to the UAE. Foreign employees need a sponsor (in this case, the company hiring them would be the sponsor). One can seek help from the immigration office in Dubai
- For those who wish to open an onshore company in UAE, a local partner to set up the business would be needed. This is mostly for the sake of credibility that the business is currently up and running with the help of an already UAE citizen partner.
- In the case of family members relocating to the UAE, the members already settled in UAE would pose as sponsors. It should be noted that women cannot pose as sponsors.
UAE Visa Types
- Work Visa: This type of visa is for those who work in a UAE-based organization or for the Emirati government.
- Investor Visa: This type of visa is for those who are willing to invest either in a business or property in the UAE.
- Student Visa: This visa is for those studying at a university in the UAE.
- Family Visa: This type of visa is for family members of permanent residents of UAE or UAE citizens.
- Jobseeker Visa: Job seeker visa is the visa type mainly for those looking for a job in the UAE and wishing to spend some time living there while searching for jobs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to apply for a UAE Visa?
In order for an Indian to apply for a UAE visa, the individual must submit a visa application form and the required documents and fees to the representatives and authorities at the Embassy or the consulate offices.
- How can I check the status of my visa?
Once you submit the application for a UAE visa to the authorities along with the relevant documents and the necessary fees, you, as an applicant, can track the status of the application. This can be done using the reference number that would be provided to you after you have submitted the application and the expiry date of the passport.
- Will I get my visa if my passport was to expire soon?
It is advised to ideally avail of a visa when the passport is valid for at least 6 months before planning on visiting the UAE. If not, there are high chances for the visa to get rejected. You can, however, renew the passport and then re-apply for the visa.
- Is it tough to immigrate to the United Arab Emirates?
Members who plan on immigrating to the UAE would be happy to know that it is relatively simple compared to many other countries. With an ex-pat population that is almost five times the population of Emirati nationals, the UAE makes immigration to their country simple and to the point.
- Who handles immigration to UAE?
The immigration authorities that primarily take charge of immigration to the foreign nationals is the GDRFA. There is a GDRFA present in each of the seven emirates.