Spanish is one of the most popular languages that is spoken worldwide. It is a national language in more than 20 countries, and the number of native Spanish speakers is around 475 million. Spanish has a rich history and culture, and it sounds beautiful. Not only that, by knowing Spanish, you are increasing your career prospects. The knowledge of a second language is an invaluable asset, and businesses are always interested in recruiting people who can help in international trades. So, if you want to learn Spanish online and from the best guide, feel free to check out the courses offered by Curiotory, where you are taught and evaluated by native Spanish and Indian teachers.
While you’re studying Spanish, it is not enough if you can only communicate in Spanish; you need to validate your knowledge of this language. You will require a Spanish language certification that validates your efficiency in Spanish, and no one can question it. There are innumerable Spanish certification online courses provided on the internet.
What is Spanish Language certification?
A language certification vouches for your proficiency in a language at a particular level after you have passed a particular exam. It is a formal, internationally recognized document that validates your knowledge of the language and your communication skills, which an authorized institute issues.
Spanish Language Certification certifies your fluency in Spanish. Non-native speakers are required to take a Spanish certification test to be internationally recognized. They strive to monitor your communication skills with other native speakers rather than just checking your formal and academic language knowledge.
Some of the best Spanish language certifications are DELE (The Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) and SIELE (The International Spanish Language Evaluation Service).
By having an international accreditation, your efficiency in Spanish is officially recognized, and it holds respectable values in the academic and professional market.
Importance of a Spanish Language Certification
There are various advantages of taking up a Spanish test certification, few of them are listed below: –
- It is a prominent addition to your CV. It proves that you can communicate with others in Spanish and is recognized internationally. So, if you want to work abroad, it is a valuable asset to be shown to employers.
- You can provide a valid document of your Spanish language certification to your interviewers so that it can go smoothly. There is a chance that the questions he might ask you may be easier if you have a good score.
- It is an attractive trait to employers when the candidate has additional language skills. This will improve your career and employability. It will open up newer job prospects that otherwise would have been missed.
- These certificates are valid forever. So, once you have given the exam, you won’t need to do it again, even if you have to move from one Spanish-speaking country to another.
- There is a huge availability of online courses in Spanish so that you can study at your own pace and from your home. Taking up a preparatory course helps a lot in these types of exams.
So, you must take a Spanish language certification in India if you wish to work or study abroad in Spain or any Hispanophone country. Moreover, if you want to plan to travel to such a country or look for a job in the Spanish-speaking world, these certifications will be indispensable.
Spanish language certification Exams
If you’re interested in validating your proficiency in Spanish, you should know that the official Spanish certification in India is DELE. DELE stands for Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera.
Before taking the exam, you must decide which CEFR level you want to take. After you successfully complete the exam, the Spanish certification is valid for life. Instituto Cervantes directs DELE on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science. This examination corresponds to the different levels of CEFR- Common European Framework of Reference for Language.
The test has 6 different Spanish language certification levels, namely, A1 (Beginner or Breakthrough), A2 (Elementary or Waystage), B1 (Intermediate or Threshold), B2 (Upper-Intermediate or vantage), C1 (Advanced or Elective Advanced Proficiency), and C2 (Near-native or Mastery). You will have to undergo four tests at each level to attain the certification.
Another exam commonly taken is SIELE which stands for the Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española. This is a single multilevel exam, on passing which you will attain your SIELE certificate. The Instituto Cervantes, the University of Salamanca, the National Autonomous University of Mexico, and the University of Buenos Aires support SIELE.
There are two types of SIELE exams, one being SIELE Global and the other being independent modalities. The SIELE Global is a single multilevel exam that is associated with the levels of CEFR. Among the independent modalities, there are 5 exam modalities based on the combination of various tests.
The levels are explained below: –
|Reading and listening comprehension
|Reading comprehension and written interaction and expression
|Listening Comprehension and Spoken interaction and expression
|Spoken interaction and expression
|Written interaction and expression and spoken interaction and expression.
Spanish Language Certification Cost
The cost for Spanish certification exams is described below: –
- For DELE, the price depends on which level you’re giving the exam in and from which country you decide to give in.
These are the fees for the DELE exam in India.
- For the SIELE exam, throughout all the levels of S1 to S5, the fees are 45ē to 75ē. For SIELE global, the fee is 135ē. Wherever you want to give the exam, the fees are constant.
Spanish Language Certification Exam Official Websites
The official Spanish-language certification websites are https://www.hispanic-horizons.org/dele-exams-in-mumbai/ for candidates who want to take exams in Mumbai and https://nuevadelhi.cervantes.es/en/spanish_courses/students/diplomas.htm for candidates who want to give exam in Delhi.
Instituto Cervantes in New Delhi is located in the heart of Delhi and is often referred to as the neurological center of the city. Hispanic Horizons in Mumbai is a Spanish Language institute, and it is the only Instituto Cervantes accredited center in India.
How to prepare for Spanish Language Certification?
- Look for Spanish tuitions with live classes; having a live class ensures doubt clearing properly
- Try to watch and understand Spanish movies and listen to Spanish music.
- Join some Spanish social media platforms
For any exam preparation, the best way is to solve a lot of question papers and assessments provided by your mentor. By giving different exams, you can improve as well as find your weak spots and work on those. A few tips for offline preparation are as follows: –
- Find an ideal platform to help you with Spanish that should cover all aspects of the exam.
- Do detailed research about the type, content, format, and exam restrictions.
- Find out the areas you are having trouble with and focus on improving them.
- Take up a lot of practice tests regularly.
- Go through each fundamental concept of Spanish, like grammar.
We, at Curiotory, provide you with the best-handpicked guides who are both native and Indian to help you learn a language of your choice. Curiotory is an online language learning platform for kids and young adults.
If you want to learn Spanish, you should definitely check out Curiotory and the first lesson is absolutely free. The teachers don’t only teach you how to speak Spanish, but also you’ll be able to read, write and understand it. Curiotory is one of the leading language learning platforms that will help you gain online Spanish language certification.
- How much time does it take to learn and be good at Spanish?
If you can study Spanish every day for at least an hour or so, you will be fluent in Spanish’s basic structure and technicalities. With the help of a proper course, you can be as good as a native speaker.
- Is the Spanish certification exam tough?
No, the exams are not tough. But you need proper practice and guidance to get you through the exams. Depending upon your Spanish level, it may be easy, or it might be challenging.
- DELE or SIELE- what should I go for?
The main difference between DELE and SIELE is that the validity of DELE is for life, but for SIELE, the validity is two years. So, it’s quite understandable that if you need the certificate for a long time, you should choose DELE.
- Who can take the Spanish certification test?
There are no such restrictions for who wishes to register for the exam. You can register for it regardless of your nationality or country of origin. If you’re less than 16 years old, you need your parents to register for you.
- Is there any app from which I can get certified in the Spanish language?
No such app will provide you with a Spanish language certification. Only the DELE and SIELE exams will give you a recognized certificate. These apps only provide a secondary certificate with no international value.