Arabic evolved from a verbal and poetic tradition that emerged in Arabia before the arrival of Islam and a codified Arabic script. The Arabic script is commonly used in calligraphy, and more modern and contemporary Arabic art is now being created.
Arabic is difficult for even the most experienced language learner, from its system of writing to its grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. It is, however, well worth the effort! Arabic is one of the world’s most important languages, with applications in virtually every industry. Arabic plays a significant role on the global stage, from religion and culture to corporations and medicine.
According to the sources, these are some of the best apps to learn Arabic:-
App Name: Pimsleur
For over 50 years, Pimsleur has been creating language learning courses. Pimsleur’s Arabic course will have you with listening and speaking Arabic faster than almost any other resource. Pimsleur is an audio-based linguistic course based on the Pimsleur Method, which was developed in the 1960s by Dr. Paul Pimsleur to help military personnel acquire foreign languages much more quickly. Through participatory audio lessons, the course gets users speaking almost immediately, allowing them to develop confidence and an ear for pronunciation straight away.
A Pimsleur app has a 7-day free trial and their monthly subscription costs between $14.99 and $20.99.
- Audio-based learning resources that you can listen to at home, in the car, or wherever you like.
- You seem to be able to start speaking during your very first lesson, thanks to interactive lessons.
- There is no need to memorize grammar and vocabulary by yourself.
- Brief lessons enable you to remember information more effectively.
- If you intend to learn Arabic beyond the basics, you will most likely require more vocabulary than Pimsleur will provide.
- Pimsleur provides courseware that is entirely based on audio and interactions, with little or no writing or reading assignments.
App Name:- Mondly
Mondly is a language app ideal for beginners learning Arabic due to its activities, layout, and course structure. Mondly’s lessons are simple to navigate, and you can complete them in any order you like. They are interactive and simulate basic conversations to assist you in communicating quickly.
Mondly attempts to make learning a new language entertaining by gamifying the learning process. And we understand why they do it! Learning a new language can sometimes be tedious and challenging, so making it fun and competitive with friends increases engagement.
Their subscription starts from 9.99$ per month.
- Interactive lessons in short and engaging segments to help you learn quickly
- Detailed and precise learning statistics to keep you highly motivated to learn
- High-quality lessons with practical applications
- A new and enjoyable “gamified” learning experience
- If you want to use all the features, you have to take their paid subscription.
- Other apps place a greater emphasis on grammar and speaking skills.
- Lessons are fairly basic and do not progress to the “advanced” level.
App Name:- Duolingo
Duolingo takes a systematic approach to learning Arabic. The app claims to teach Arabic in as little as five minutes per day and is suitable for both beginners and intermediate learners. Duolingo assists you in recognizing letters and sounds and then constructing words and sentences. As you progress through the levels, new stages become available, beginning with the alphabet and progressing to descriptors, countries, and topic-specific phrases. In addition to the structured levels, you can improve your skills by taking personalized practice quizzes. You receive notifications from Duolingo encouraging you to use their app and learn every day. This is one of the best free apps to learn Arabic.
- It is completely free to use and offers a complete Arabic course.
- The lessons improve all aspects of communication (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- You will learn basic grammar as well as useful vocabulary with Duolingo.
- It is difficult to learn a language completely on your own while using Duolingo.
- There are some advertisements in the app.
- Meeting strict deadlines and notifications can be challenging.
Playstore:- Duolingo: language lessons – Apps on Google Play
App Name:- Memrise
Memrise can help you improve your Arabic vocabulary. There is a tonne of free content on the platform, and the user-created materials cover about anything you want to learn.
Memrise is a relatively new language app. Memrise begins with the alphabet and shows the learner various forms of a letter and breaks up words to establish, which can be a little challenging at first.
Their monthly subscription starts from 8.99$ per month.
- It contains useful resources for beginners learning Arabic.
- It has a more detailed learning curve for larger learners.
- The features include customization options that allow learners to use the learning app in their distinct way.
- Memrise delivers excellent customer service.
- The website interface may have some room for improvement.
- In the long run, the exercises can become monotonous.
- Memrise’s courseware is primarily focused on vocabulary and does not include anything else.
- Advanced language learners will not feel at ease with this
URL (Play Store and Apple Store)
Play Store:- Memrise Easy Language Learning – Apps on Google Play
App Name:- Itaki
Writing is a skill for which computers are just not that good at providing high-quality feedback, much like pronunciation. They can check spelling and grammar, but they are not nearly as good as human instructors at understanding tone and context.
Italki is the best online platform for practicing speaking with native Arabic speakers. Tutors from all over the world are available to help you improve your speaking skills. There are over 350 Arabic tutors on Italki, and you can sort them based on the languages they speak, where they live, and other factors. Italki is the place to go if you want to learn a particular Arabic dialect!
Tutors in Itaki cost about 3$ to 70$ per hour.
- Even for less common languages, there are a large number of teachers available.
- Skilled teachers can be found at reasonable prices.
- The ability to schedule lessons when it is convenient for you. You will find someone to match your schedule due to the significant number of teachers.
- The app is the only way to access community features.
- You may need to try out several tutors before you find one who meets your learning and personality style.
- It is easy to skip classes more than you should.
URL (Play Store and Apple Store)
Play Store:- italki: learn any language – Apps on Google Play
With this list of applications as well as websites, your requirement of learning Arabic can be fulfilled, but you have to try it yourself which style you would prefer. If you are looking for a more organized and popular Arabic learning course, Curiotory has brought the best Arabic courses you will need.